As part of the missionary Outreach of the Catholic Church, we bring the lived experience of mission in other countries where we work to the Australian Church and the wider community. We share what we have learned from living and working across the boundaries of culture, language and faith, especially among the poor, marginalised and exploited. Our empathy is for those living at the edges of our society, for the indigenous, migrants, refugees and minority communities.
As part of a global missionary society, we communicate the concerns of the people living in the countries around the world where Columbans serve, especially where their livelihoods, economies and natural environments are impacted by decisions made here in Australia.
Our priorities and values include the following:
- Working in solidarity with the poor and the marginalised.
- Mission Awareness, Education and Formation.
- Dialogue with communities, cultures and religions.
- Interreligious Dialogue and building bridges and closer relations among faith traditions.
- Christian-Muslim Relations.
- Building connections between Peace, Ecology and Justice from the Gospel perspective.
- Growing a Culture of Peace.
- Cooperation with all people of goodwill.
- Justice, Peace & Integrity of Creation (JPIC): Promotion of justice, peace and environmental justice work.
Follow us on social media
|Columban Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations (CCCMR):